Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Set Your Table With Flair--A Simple Spring Setting

Hello, friends!!  Thank you so kindly for stopping to spend a few moments today!  Yesterday, I shared a quick update of my outdoor furniture.  Changing my furniture from oh-so-blah black to full-of-whimsy white has me inspired to set my first table for Spring!  There's nothing like a little nibble in the early afternoon on a table adorned in a fresh palette of Spring color!


Setting up in one of my favorite corners of the yard where my grapevines grow seemed perfect.  The freshly painted furniture I've had for years from Target looks beautiful against the leafy backdrop.


A yellow and white striped cloth begins the setting,


followed by sweet crochet.


Closeup of the detail.  I love this cloth, a recent find from a tiny little vintage boutique.....it reminds me of when I was little and actually did crochet, knit, and sew....oftentimes alongside my best friend, my little sister.


Simple white plates and sweet yellow petal saucers


were followed by pretty tea towels with lovely crocheted edges; each adorned with white rose napkin holders.


I adore the intricate details on the tea towels. 


A jolly watering can becomes a centerpiece


after more tea towels are placed strategically inside,


followed by cheerful chrysanthemums.

Completed tablescape....


All ready for snacks outdoors......


in the quiet of the garden.


Closeup of the centerpiece


and place setting.


From my collection:
Crocheted topper, as mentioned, local vintage
Yellow and white striped cloth, Ikea
White Plates, Ralph Lauren Club Collection
Yellow petal saucers, Horchow/Neiman Marcus
Crocheted tea towels, Horchow/Neiman Marcus
White rose napkin holders, Pier 1 Imports, Local Thrift
Watering can, Target






If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤


8 comments:

  1. Your table is a breath of fresh air. So bright and cheery. It is perfect for a delightful afternoon in the garden. Love the crocheted topper.

    Happy Easter sweet friend and thank you for the encouraging words and well wishes for my mother. I was deeply touched by all the support and kindness.

    Hugs,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely! Your crocheted topper is beyond beautiful ( I am seriously doing some vintage shopping to find something similar!) and your dish stack and choice of centerpiece make this a perfect setting for a delightful Easter celebration or any other meal during the spring and summer. I can't say enough.......Have a wonderful Easter. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rosie!!! I love perusing little shops, so fun to find the unexpected. Happy Easter and happy thrifting!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!!!!! The crochets tablecloth is gorgeous too. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew when I saw your painted table that you would be creating a lovely Spring table and by golly you did. Love the yellow and white color combination in your tablescape.

    ReplyDelete