Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Preparing A Wood Door For Cooler Weather

Hello, friends!!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

As cooler temperatures arrive, I try (try being the operative word, ha!) to perform tasks specific to the season.  This includes what I like to call 'winter cleaning.'  Winter cleaning means downsizing by getting rid of things we don't need ( or donating to them charity), wintering the garden, and other (sometimes mundane) tasks.

I usually treat my front door with orange oil to keep up its sheen and health...however, we've lived here a few years now, and the door is definitely beginning to show its age!!  I decided I should give her a quick spruce up just in time for the holidays. 

I used Cabot Premium Wood Finish I picked up from the local Lowe's.  The color is called Aged Leather.  What I adore about it is that it includes a sealer, which made the task soooo simple.


After freeing the door of any debris, and a super-quick hand sanding, I simply painted a coat of stain using a light stroke.


Here is a peek of one side which is almost complete and the side which is untreated.  Quite a difference, no?
 

Here is the final result.  It reminds me of why I fell in love with this door in the first place!!  The stain I chose also had a satin finish, so there is a slight sheen, which I adore.  This also reminds me of how the door looks right after I treat it with orange oil.   This stain is indicated for typical use indoors and on bare wood, and not over lacquer or shellac.  I am not sure what kind of finish was on the door before, so we will see how well this holds up....fingers are crossed!  If there are adverse effects, I will let you know.... please stay tuned!


Thank you for stopping in, have a wonderful week!!


If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤

 


No comments:

Post a Comment