Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello!  Mealtime is over and things are calming down here at the Parsimonious House.  I have so many things to be thankful for; my family and friends (including lovely people I've "met" through blogging), a comfortable home, love, and laughter.  I want to say thank you for reading, thank you for your kind comments, and thank you for joining me in this little excursion I started with my first post back in March of 2013.  I also want to share a quick post of my goings on today.

What are your traditions on Thanksgiving?  Every Thanksgiving morning, I start off with homemade banana bread for breakfast.

 This year, I also made pumpkin.  The kiddos, hubby, and I devoured both!
View Post 

After a very long day of cooking, we were ready to enjoy....here's a peek.

On the menu:

Roast turkey
Orange-infused roast duck 
Garlic mashed potatoes 
Green bean casserole
Artichoke dip and french baguette
Double-baked macaroni and cheese
Candied yams
Asparagus with garlic butter
Pumpkin pie
Mini cheesecake tartlets
Cranberry dressing
Stuffing (in and out of fowl)
Hawaiian rolls
Turkey gravy
Apple turnover


Is there something you cook every year without fail?  Do you use a recipe book, your own recipes, or those that have been passed down to you from family and friends?  My menu is always a combination of all three.  Most of my cooking has been passed on to me from family, and I use books to bake; appetizers sometimes come from friends. 

At these times, the holidays can be bittersweet.    As I basted my turkey, nostalgia stirs and I reminisced my grandmother's cooking; her wise words, her flair, her beauty, and her strength.  As I thumbed through the pages of The Joy of Cooking, which was passed down to me from my mother-in law, I thought of her.  I know they are blessed and cared for where they are, but they are still missed, so it can be tough.  I hope everyone out in bloggersphere had a beautiful day with those you love, and that those passed on are with you and I forever in our hearts. God Bless.  



If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤

 




No comments:

Post a Comment