Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Christmas Tree in Autumn!?

Hello, Friends!  Thank you for stopping by today!

With Thanksgiving just a short time away (counting the days, literally), I wanted to share one final and überquick post indicative of Autumn.  

Last year, I purchased a couple of faux mini Christmas trees.  One tree was turned into a Halloween tree (see post in the archives here), and the other became a Christmas tree just for my little ones to decorate.  I love to think outside the box, so I thought it might be fun to decorate a tree this year with autumnal details fit for the forthcoming festivities.  I hope you enjoy the post!

I began with this tiny leaf garland.  I love the teeny maple leaf detail.


I chose to use warm colors for the tree, so when I saw these adorable glitter acorn ornaments, I snapped them up immediately!  They just needed hooks.



Next, I made several bow ornaments.


  I laid a shimmery copper ribbon down and cut several strips to size,


and tied them into bows.


I added a hook to each.  Super simple!!


The last thing I added to the tree were some of the little orange ornaments I had made previously.  To see how to make these easy inexpensive ornaments (less than $5 for 44 ornaments), you may visit the post on my blog The Crafting Table by clicking here.


Here he is standing proudly on the table next to my piano in the foyer.


Closeup of the detail.  This is a simple and quick last-minute project to give your home a little Autumn cheer!


Where to buy:
Leaf garland:  Anna's Linens
Acorn and glitter ornaments, Big Lots
Ribbon, The 99¢ Store




If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment