Monday, June 16, 2014

Granite Or Quartz?

Hello, friends!  Thank you for stopping by!  I hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing Father's Day. 

The age-old adage "A picture is worth a thousand words" is certainly true.  There are quite a few older homes in my community, ours being one of them, and several homes here have the same tile or comparable. It wasn't until I started writing my blog (and snapping pics) that I realized how extraordinarily dated my countertops looked. Yikes.  We are almost into the home stretch of our kitchen renovation, and we recently came to decision-making time!  Time to choose the countertops. We looked at a few options, and finally settled on quartz.  

Granite vs Quartz:

⚫Both vary in price. 
⚫Granite is 100% Natural, quartz is manufactured. 
⚫Being that granite is 100% natural, there can sometimes be flaws in the slab
⚫Quartz is fabricated, so there are likely no flaws
Granite requires sealing, quartz does not
⚫Quartz is nonporous and more resistant to bacterial growth, and also more mold resistant. 

I chose a grey quartz with sparkling flecks.  Here is a snap of the island. 


Another. 


Quite a difference from my outdated tiles.




I hope this information has been helpful.  Thanks again for stopping in, keeping my fingers crossed we will finish soon!  


If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤




No comments:

Post a Comment